-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, March 1, 2015

REGENCY CAROUSEL

This is a project I started over a year ago when I created the “Letters from the Past &“Day’s Gone By” collage sheets.  I finished it up this past summer and just haven’t gotten around to posting it.
The core of the piece is made from a round box and a sea salt container.
I covered the top and bottom with decorative paper.  For the center I used a scene from the Day’s Gone By digital image set.
Around the top piece I used lace, chipboard, brass swans, flat backed pearls, and images from the collage sheets that are framed in a piece of brass.
For the top I used a curtain rod finial.
Two of the ladies are sitting on swing seats that are made from a piece of filigree hanging from the top.
To figure out where to hang the filigree swings, I marked where the center column would go, spaced the filigree equally around the column and marked the holes for the chain.  
I used jump rings to attach the chain to the filigree.
I used an eye pin to attach the chains to the top piece.  The loop of the eye pin is attached to the chain and poked through the holes I marked earlier.  I slipped a blue bead over the end of the eye pin, snipped away the excess and looped the pin over the bead to hold it in place.  Note the blue beads with the loop in the picture below.
Lastly, I glued an eye pin to the bottom of the filigree and then poked the other end through the center column, which kept the filigree (swing seat) level when I glued the ladies in place.  If you are not adding something to the swing seat that would make it off balance, you don't need to do this.
Along the bottom of the carousel I added ribbon, flowers, lace and fabric trim.  At the very bottom is a wooden base and beneath the base I attached a Lazy Susan hardware so that the carousel would turn.
For you Marie Antoinette and Alice in Wonderland fans it’s Marie in Wonderland all month at Alpha Stamps so you can guess what you’ll be seeing here on my blog this month.

13 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Exquisite! You never cease to amaze!

cvcd said...

so STUNNING!

Kerstin F. said...

Wow, that's really stunning and a wonderful inspiration, many thanks!!

johala said...

Hello Laura
I missed your wonderful creations, and this morning, I find one so amazing and lovely! Thanks!
Hugs and kisses

claude said...

très bel ensemble

Nichola said...

Love it! It's really wonderful :)

Debi said...

I love THIS! I must share and you can be sure I must
Make One! Your Brilliant! xoxoxoDebi

Deb said...

Once again you have rendered me speechless Laura, what a wonderful carousel! Thanks so much for generously sharing all your wonderful projects and your techniques.

Diane at Craftin Your HeART Out! said...

Laura, this is gorgeous! I love it and I absolutely love carousels. Definitely want to make this. Thank you for the inspiration.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and amazing. Love this.
Lynne

Karen Mallory said...

This is so fantastic! I love your artist imagination!!!
hugs Karen

Viki Banaszak said...

WOW!!! This is an amazing project! I love the swings you made.

mommyx2 said...

This is amazing!!