-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, June 7, 2014

French Themed Altered Bottles Tutorial - Bottle Patinas & Applying Vellum & Transparency Film

You can see from the picture above, I’ve gone altered bottled crazy creating 15 sample bottles to give you lots of ideas for altering your own bottles.  In the video tutorial below, I demonstrate a variety of easy ways to add a patina to glass bottles using various spray paints, crackle paint and printed tissue paper.  I'll also explain how to apply images printed on transparency film and vellum.

TUTORIAL
To apply the collage images and ribbon/lace I used a Xyron Creative Station.

COMPANIES THAT MAKE GOLD & SILVER STICKERS
Your best bet is to search online
Mark Richards Peel Offs
Magenta Peel Offs
Dazzles Stickers - Hot Off the Press
Elizabeth Craft Designs
StickerKing

DETAILED BOTTLE PHOTOS & SUPPLY LISTS
Frosted Bottle with Paper Collage Image
Clear Bottle with Vellum Collage Image
Clear Bottle with Transparency Film Collage Image
Clear Bottle with Transparency Film Collage Image
Blackboard Paint Bottle with Vellum Collage Sheet Image

Blackboard Paint Bottle with Cardstock Collage Sheet Image

Tissue Paper Bottle
Mercury Glass Bottle

Crackled Bottle with Inca Gold Gilders Paste
Crackle Bottle with Transparency Film Image

Chalkboard Paint Embossed Bottle
Crackle Bottle with Rub-On

Clear Bottle with Vellum Collage Image
Frosted Bottle with Vellum Collage Image
Mercury Glass Bottle

15 comments:

Jeanne Draachreider said...

Oh!!! What can be said about these incredible bottles? I have no words...they just make my heart sing and take my breath away. You are the Queen of embellishment Laura! :)

Diane at Craftin Your HeART Out! said...

OMG Amazing, I truly am at a loss for words. I am still amazed at your talent. Thank you again for another great tutorial and the mounds of inspiration you offer all of us.

Solange Barreto said...

Magnífico trabalho. Obrigada por compartilhar brilhante criação.
Amo o que você faz.
Beijo.

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome bottles Laura, Haven't been over for awhile, so much catching up to do!
hugs Lynn

johala said...

Hi Laura
I love so much your ideas to decorate bottles.
I made some for my bathroom for shampoo, soap and perfums, it's prettier than modern plastic bottle!
Hugs and kisses

Lisa Minckler said...

These are incredible! Thank you so much for the inspiration this morning :)

Shoshi said...

I can't get over how amazing these bottles are, Laura. I'm really keen to try! Lots of lovely materials and techniques. I particularly like the mercury glass but searching for the mirror paint, it's only available as an import here in the UK, for a ridiculous carriage price. I love the collage sheets - not something I've ever used before. Nice if you can download and print them yourself. Definitely something to explore further!

I've left a comment on your Youtube channel too, and "liked" the video and saved it as a favourite! Great stuff indeedy.

Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing the whole tutorial.

Shoshi

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

C'est magnifique. Oh, Laura. These are beauties. That little crackled bottle with the cross on top especially appeals as do all things with crosses...and bees.

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely AMAZING! Love all of the different finishes you've done and the embellishments are soo gorgeous! Can't wait to try. xxD

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Your projects are always so inspiring. Will there be a new Halloween extravaganza this year?! My favorite!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Amazing bottles!

Martina said...

My goodness, Laura ..... these altered bottles are beautiful. Each individual a great artistic work of art! Thank you also for the tutorial. I am once again very excited ......
I hope you are well and send you many sunny greetings.
Hugs MARTINA

jade said...

find the glass shatter or crack. Why does this happen? And how can we prevent it from happening?........750 ml bottles wholesale,http://rsglassbottle.com/product-detail/750ml-empty-glass-bottles/........

Anonymous said...

Our company is mainly engaged in the export of spirit glass bottles, we have exported to the United States, Russia, Africa and other countries,and has received the customer's consistent high praise. glass whiskey bottles wholesale

Carol said...

I am so happy I found you!!!! I’ve been thinking very hard about how to do this!!! You are just awesome!!!
Thank you