-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Romantic ATCs

Forever Yours
Days Gone By

Design Your Own Hat or Stick Pin
I love the vintage touch a hat or stick pin gives to a piece of art.  It is so easy to make your own pin.  To make the hatpin in the Day’s Gone By I used a stick pin from my stash and added more beads to the end and one at the bottom to cover the point of the pin.  An even better option is to use the silver-plated brass stickpin picture below. 
The pin is 2 ½ inches long so there is lots of room for beads and it already comes with a cap to cover the end.  Another great feature is the loop at the end where you can add more beads or a tassel.  Pictured below are some examples.
To keep the beads in place I applied a small amount of E6000 glue to the pin.  You can use Alcohol Ink to change the pin to any color you desire.  You can see in the picture above I used Gold Alcohol Ink on one of the pins.
Evangeline
IMAGE SETS USED
Parfumerie #2 Collage Sheet - Fan

9 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

So Gorgeous!!!! Do these fold in anyway? A lot of the swaps I am in say the ATC has to fit in the ATC sleeves.
hugs Karen

Deb said...

So beautiful Laura!

Caroline said...

Incredible!! If only I had printer. I do make stick pins though, the little stopper at the end can be bought separately too. Tfs yr talent! :)

Unknown said...

JUST GORGEOUS!!!

Theresa said...

I am such a fan of your work....always so much to look at. These do not disappoint!!

Julie S said...

Yowza! These are beauties.

Kerstin F. said...

Beautiful, i'm a new fan, but I will come back regularly like to be inspired, Hugs Kerstin

Cocofolies said...

Three fabulous ATCs Laura!!! Hugs, Coco xx

Maureen said...

So pretty Laura! What a great tip about the pins; very lovely indeed!